Layer upon layer of mix-made banana cake, with fresh fruit slices and creamy lemon frosting in between
Bake cake at 350* for 30 to 35 minutes. Makes 1 nine-inch torte
Fixing time: 15 minutes
- 1 package banana cake mix
- 1 package lemon-flavor creamy frosting mix
- 2 cups cream for whipping
- 3 medium-size ripe bananas
- Lemon Juice
- Prepare cake mix with eggs and water, bake in 2 greased-and-floured 9-inch layer-cake pans, cool, and remove from pans, following label directions. Split each layer.
- Blend frosting mix and cream in a medium-size bowl; beat until fluffy thick.
- Peel bananas and slice thin; brush with lemon juice so slices stay bright.
- Place one cake layer on a large serving plate; spread with about 1/4 of the frosting mixture; top with 1/4 of the banana slices. Repeat stacking with remaining layers, frosting mixture, and banana slices, arranging banana slices in a pretty pattern on top. Chill torte about an hour before serving. Cut in wedges with a sharp knife.
Family Circle February 1968